You eat healthy, so why not feed your dog something healthy too! The store bought dog treats are full of ingredients I don’t even recognize so I decided to come up withy my own recipe for homemade peanut butter dog treats! All the ingredients are basic items you most likely already have on hand.
- 2 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 t sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. water
- Combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, brown sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl then add to dry ingredients. Mix in peanut butter and oil.
- Add water until dough is smooth and workable. If more water is needed add in 1 tablespoon increments.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4"-1/2" thick. Cut into shapes with cookie cutter.
- Place on baking sheet 1/2" apart.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (depends on thickness and size) or until dog treats are light brown in color.
- Cool on wire rack.
These treats are very simple to make. The peanut butter and oil in the dough make the dough moist so it’s easy to roll out and cut into shapes. I used these adorable cookie cutters from Wayfair.* Did you even know that Wayfair has a fabulous pet section?
Love all these different shapes… dog houses, bones, paws and even a fire hydrant. The cookie cutters are a good quality and I was able to easily cut out the shapes.
One batch makes so many goodies for your furry friend and their friends too.
They look so good that I think I may taste one too!
Your dog won’t be able to resist. Of course, always consult with your veterinarian before making a change to your pet’s diet.
Your dog will give you a big tail wagging thanks for making these wonderful homemade treats!
Disclosure: I received free product and compensation in form of a Wayfair gift card for participating in this campaign. All opinions on products are my own.